Us.

Us.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Ever thankful for you...


This morning as I've been needing to be uber productive at home getting ready for our family trip to Disney World over Fall Break, laundry to fold, emails to return and errands that need to be ran; I just keep thinking of the blessings that the Lord has given me in the gift of godly women that He has placed in my life who I have been blessed to call mentors, friends, & "spiritual mama's" over the years & have loved my family & I so well.

My Mom (aka: Gigi)
Now, don't hear that last part wrong, because my mother is one of the most GODLY and beautiful women (both inside & out) that I've ever known. She is one I would consider as one of my best friends! However, having been in full time ministry all of my married life with Brian, we've lived in 4 states in 11 years of marriage and haven't lived anywhere near home (NW Arkansas)  since Parker was born in 2006. There are some days when not having family close is extremely lonely & difficult, but the Lord has been SO gracious to me by placing some AMAZING women in my life over the years and that is what is filling my heart with joy & gratitude this morning!

I asked several of these women to take a look at the rough manuscript for "Salvaging My Identity" early on in the editing process, #1 because I so value their opinion and wanted to hear their thoughts and #2 knew that they'd be faithful in lifting this project up in prayer over the days and months to come.

So, today... that's all. Just extremely grateful and thankful for honor and privilege I've had over the years to get to know some "heros of the faith" in my book, true Proverbs 31 women, and loving mentors and friends! Sometimes we don't verbalize that often how grateful we are for the people in our life that mean so much to us.

That's my challenge for myself today and for you as well... thank the Lord today for precious relationships in your life and let those people know what they mean to you as well!

Here are some who I am grateful have invested in my life and my family over the years as well as what these women have to say about the book "Salvaging My Identity"-- it is an honor to have these endorsements from these women!


------------------------
So incredibly grateful for these women and their hearts for the Lord! 




"Salvaging My Identity is a must-have for all girls!  I know Rachel and Jennifer personally and I have been in Bible studies with them both.  I appreciate that they are not telling other people to do something they are not doing.  They strive to grow each day to be all that God wants them to be and I am so excited about the new resource they have created.  This study challenges girls to find their identity in Christ and HIs Word and this message is so needed in a world that tells girls to find their identity in their appearance, a boyfriend or their facebook status.   Both Rachel and Jen have a heart for girls and for God's Word and it shines through in Salvaging My Identity.  It truly is a refreshing, challenging and fun resource and I know it will be a HUGE blessing to all that read it!”
-Jennifer Landrith
Author, wife of David Landrith- Sr Pastor of Long Hollow Baptist Church





"Relevant, life changing, and foundational, this journey will give young women direction and result in exponential spiritually growth.  Every young woman needs this book!"
~Jeana Floyd
Author & Wife of Dr. Ronnie Floyd, Senior Pastor of Cross Church, Northwest Arkansas




"Love Love LOVE “Salvaging My Identity”!  As mom of four, three of which are girls, I love that I have a resource that is filled with Truth to help guide my girls.  This really is a how to guide that is filled with grace but encourages growth to be all that God has planned for His girls!!  I love that Jennifer and Rachel take the reader by the hand as the Lord brings conviction and then they are so sweet to guide us to resolution--can't ask for more than that!  What you end up with is a beautiful treasure!!   “Salvaging My Identity” is practical biblical advice that EVERY girl needs!”  


~Denise Lopez
Founder and President, everydayministry.net



"In a world where girls face real problems that older women never even had to worry about, this book is the perfect bridge inside the mind of today's adolescent young women. Whether your popular, or the quiet shy girl in class that typically goes unnoticed, this insightful book can help both be better, feel better and live better" 
~Julie Woodruff
Women’s Minister at Long Hollow Baptist Church






“Salvaging My Identity is a beautiful tool to help girls deconstruct the lies the world has written on them and to discover the girl that God created them to be! Jennifer and Rachel have a heart that beats to see girls walk in the freedom that Christ gives. Through their personal ministries, they have touched the lives of countless girls, and through this book, their fervor and wisdom will etch truth into the lives of girls they will never meet! This book is a must-read for every girl fighting the battle not to lose themselves in the world and will help them reclaim their true identity as daughters of the King.”

~Gretchen Saffles
Personal Stylist  & Owner of Life Lived Beautifully 




“Ephesians 6:16 tells us, "In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one".  We live in a world where the flaming arrows of Satan seem to be firing with increasing intensity. Many of these arrows are aimed directly at young ladies and we must be proactive in giving our girls the tools to fight!  Placing this study into the hands of young ladies will give them a hands-on way to take up the shield of faith and to see themselves as Christ sees them!  My husband and I have served hands on in Student Ministry for 13 years, and I am thrilled to finally have a study like this for our youth and our very own daughter!”
~Leah Barnard
Wife to Spencer Barnard, Student Pastor at TheChurch.at




No comments: